Brockholes C.E. (C) Junior and Infant School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and capable caretaker who will be pro-active and have a key role in the maintenance and development of our school.
We are looking for someone with a good range of skills to be able to take on the role of building and grounds maintenance, general DIY, security and cleaning.
- Opening up the school premises and grounds and ensuring they are safe and fit for use before the start of the school day.
- Closing and securing the school premises and grounds whilst leaving them in the best condition for the following day with any minor faults fixed or reported.
- Cleaning specified areas of the premises and monitoring the cleaners on site.
- Inspection and testing routines as required by our Health and Safety policies.
- Overseeing contractors to safely carry out repairs and building works.
- Co-ordinating and controlling heating systems and report any defects
- Initiate orders and take receipt of stock
- Pest and waste control.
- External grounds and winter maintenance will also be part of your job.
You will need to:
· Have a ‘can-do’ attitude coupled with the practical experience that will enable you to fix and mend as required
· Be able to carry out a wide range of physical tasks that will include lifting and carrying, working at heights etc.
· Be enthusiastic and helpful towards staff and children.
· Be open to training that will enable you to fulfil the role.
In Term time: Monday to Friday 7.00am - 9.45am and 2.45pm - 6:00pm (one person required to work a split shift).
In School holidays - working hours to be negotiated
Annual leave entitlement will need to be taken during school holiday periods.
Full training will be provided.
Salary: £19,041 - £20,205